Web Browsers?

wee eddie 10:36 01 Jan 05

The only reason the IE has so many problems is that it is the sole target of almost all the worlds malignant juvenile minds.

There is little point in mucking up a browser that only has a few hundred thousand users, so they take a pop at IE.

How do you think one of the other browsers would fare if the combined minds of all those weirdos concentrated on it?

smy13 12:09 01 Jan 05

Unfortunately you're properly right in what you say, so I’ll keep using firefox until some Saddo has ago at that as well then move on. Until there's a political will to start finding these people and treating them like criminals it isn’t going to get any better in the short term. On the plus side I find some of the features of firefox so much user friendly than IE, for example the tabbed browsing and the download straight to desktop (much easier to find for a novice like my self)

Falkyrn 12:19 01 Jan 05

While there is some truth in what you say . It is also a contrived logic ..... these people would not be able to exploit the loopholes if they weren't there in the first place.
Yes, I do know that MS cannot be expected to test every configuration of every machine and software combination for ANY of their programs but the difference is in the response to any such security loopholes.

MS are notoriously slow in providing some patches (faster in others) and sometimes even slower in acknowledging that the problem even exists.
Unfortunately MS in gaining the upper hand in the so called Browser War then appeared to simply stop developing the program and this has allowed others to nip in and provide what the users actually want.

smy13 13:31 01 Jan 05

Can't say I've enough knowledge of MS's response to issues to disputed what you say, however have to agree that like all company's that seem to have a clear market advantage and had it for along time, MS does seem to have gone to sleep when you look at what you get with Firefox compared to IE. Isn’t the Longhorn (think that's what it’s called) development supposed to put MS back on top of the pile? Regarding browsers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…