We may be out on a limb down here, ...

TOPCAT® 15:29 27 Jan 03

... geographically speaking that is, but we are well endowed with broadband exchanges and that's a fact.

Cannot this subsidy mentioned click here be also allocated to other deserving areas of this country? If not, why not? TC.

recap 19:44 27 Jan 03

Like the Tees and Eske Valley areas of the country to name just two.

TOPCAT® 20:58 27 Jan 03

This 'Actnow' scheme consists of private and public money, and it would seem that business must be seen to be interested, and willing to contribute, before the public purse strings are relaxed.

Without business involvement and financial aid in the affected areas nothing will happen quickly enough. It's a pity the contribution(s) can't be made a tax incentive to business. TC.

Border View 23:03 28 Jan 03

Yea, but what happened to actnow in Co. Durham. My telephone number is and 0191 526 which classes it as Hetton-le-Hole (Co. Durham for those who dont know my area of the country). I live in Murton which is apparently too far away from the Hetton-le-Hole exchange to have BB. But they have just about finished building the most huge factory outlet village not half a mile from my house. They must need hundreds of new phones over there. But have they upgraded or built a new exchange - NO - so I cannn't have BB.

Anyone suggest what I can do to resolve the situation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now