Watford/Savastore have bought Time/Tiny

g0slp 22:39 26 Sep 05

click here

Just thought some might be interested...

Mark

De Marcus™ 22:58 26 Sep 05

First thoughts are a major re-branding, much like skoda has achieved in the last 10 years

De Marcus™ 22:59 26 Sep 05

Or in other words get rid of the word 'tiny', 'time' all together!

Stuartli 00:27 27 Sep 05

Seems to be a pattern...:-)

click here

ajm 01:03 27 Sep 05

are the customer database of these companies that have ceased trading.

A few years ago, PC World bought out Tempo's warranty. In that instance, it got a huge customer base of Tempos to whom they offered their Health~checks and other revenue-generating marketing services.

Watford Electronics should carefully tread these waters as if it takes in too much than it could handle, it would create more problems for them would shift attention away from their core Watford Electronics / SavaStore business

Stuartli 09:14 27 Sep 05

But Skoda's name is fully retained and promoted...:-)

In fact the Czecks have always been first class engineers - it just needed new car designs and the backing of a major company (VAG in this case) to move forward.

spuds 09:49 27 Sep 05

Reading within various forums about Watford Electronics/Savastore failing customer service, I think that the company directors have possible problems on the horizon.Getting to big to soon, and where have I heard that before!.

Giggle n' Bits 11:12 27 Sep 05

I think there getting hungry and will end up following the Granville route in time.

Giggle n' Bits 11:17 27 Sep 05

Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi 140bhp 5dr Hatch Mint rebadged VW/Audio with Skoda Badge car.

But Watford/Savastore/com will not be able to improve the Tiny/Time.

Stuartli 11:26 27 Sep 05

Great cars - a VW in everything but name - and much loved by our local taxi drivers.

The Octavia is the Skoda version of my VW Bora.

Belatucadrus 14:19 27 Sep 05

Not forgetting that Skoda are apparently producing better quality cars than Volkswagen and in a few cases got the new chassis out before VW got their hands on them.

Still I'm afraid that the Watford/Tiny/Time combo inspires little confidence, but I hope they get it right and prosper.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…