watfords non service

kenny 20:01 23 Jan 03
  kenny 20:01 23 Jan 03

i have a hard disk which has failed after only two years use in a family pc giving about only 3000 hrs of use. i have tried to contact watford on several occassions only to get an answer machine with a message that all their advisors were busy. after a repeat the line is cut. so thinking that they prefer the internet i tried e-mail and so far i have two referal numbers and an automated promise that an advisor would contact me within 24 hours. that wa last week and then a gain on tuesday. perhaps somebody knows a secret way to contact watford and get to talk to some one, or is a case of take your money and good bye?

They will probably try and get rid of you by delay. Recently, most Hard drive warranties were reduced to a year. Yours should still be three so keep on at them and if no luck by saturday then a special or recorded delivery letter should prompt some action!

rickf 21:09 23 Jan 03

This is symptomatic of Watford from reading past threads.

vinnyT 12:50 24 Jan 03

Kenny, sometimes it is quicker to just contact the maker of the hard disk (assuming it was bought as an addition to and not with the pc). I have had good service from both Maxtor and Western Digital, where they exchanged the hds' without hassle.

deepdale book 13:57 24 Jan 03

Thanks for advice given.
I've tried everything except going to the depot.
So, guess where I'm going tomorrow.
It wont solve the problem, it will cost me money but I'll feel better for telling them what a load of ******* they are.

BLH 19:03 24 Jan 03

I've also had a problem with them, customer care don't exist. consequently it's the last time I do any business with them.

kenny 20:02 24 Jan 03

i have contacted fujitsu direct and they say it is under a distributer warranty and it seems they don't want to know. so guess who doesn't get any more business from me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…