Watford Next Business Month support service

TrueBlue987 13:59 18 Apr 05

Dell offers a next business day support service. It appears Watford Electronics has launced a next business month service.

The story so far:

I collected my new Aries PC from Luton on Friday 8th April. I was not given the keyboard/mouse, which has now been delivered.

The fan on the Antec case was making a noise. I discovered from Antec customer support that the noisy fan on the PC was as a result of it having been wired incorrectly in the first place. There is a separate, and clearly marked, connector which says "Fan only". The fan was not connected to this connector. I have now corrected this problem.

I have attempted to connect three external devices through the USB ports, none of which have been successful. Customer Services suggested I contact PC support. I tried for 36 minutes on Wednesday 13th April, and then gave up waiting. CS said they would ask somebody from PC support to contact me directly, but that never happened.
I finally got through on Friday 15th after a 15 minute wait. I was told that an engineer would contact me directly. An engineer phoned me on Saturday evening and told me he could not get to me until Friday 20th May, which is a wait of 5 weeks. As of now, my PC will not even boot, so I have packed it back in its box.

I know that things do go wrong, but the sign of a good company is how they respond to customer problems. Five weeks for an engineer to call is not good service.

spuds 14:51 18 Apr 05

As the computer is only 10 days old, I would contact Watford Electronics and insist that they have someone to attend to the machine double pronto. If they are unable to do this, then inform them that you are rejecting the computer 'as not fit for the purpose'.This may speed things up.

Your rights click here How to complain click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…