Watford Electronics Aries Precision 1003

ANFIELD 17:01 21 Jan 05

Am possibly going to buy an Aries Precision 1003 notebook from Watford Electronics. Listed spec looks good, and has a Gold Award from What Laptop this month.

Has anyone had any experience with the above, or Watford Electronics in general.

Starfox 18:11 21 Jan 05

I can certainly recommend them click here

MALLET 19:49 21 Jan 05

I can certainly recommend Watford Electronics. I purchased a desk top from them for work.
After about 6 months the key board and mouse stopped working.Made a phone call to their support team who said an engineer would come to sort the problem. Two days later engineer arrived exactly the time they said he would. The problem, my trainee had forced USB mouse connection in the wrong way so shorting the mouse and key board.
Outcome was a new motherboard for NO CHARGE.
The real reason i'm impressed with W.E is I live and work in North Wales, some distance from their base.

Charence 00:55 23 Jan 05

I'd recommend them, I've had only 1 problem with an item I had purchased from them which was replaced quickly by the company.

Charence

wiz-king 08:10 23 Jan 05

I have been using Watford since about 5BC (before computers) when transistors were yellow, white, red or green spot, most of the parts for my first computer came from there.It was a kit that you bought in monthly parts..it took a month to solder up the board and test it before the next article came out. Trouble was with a few hundred of us making them we used to wipe out the entire UK stock of ic's in one order.
Those were the days! No hard drive, all stored on tape or 51/4 floppy, programs of 5K (not M's or G's) written in octal or hex. Ooo I'm getting all nostalgic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…