watford electronics

mole44 10:12 08 Feb 07

do those who don`t know watford electronics has been sold.
click here

mole44 10:13 08 Feb 07

oops for those who don`t know watford electronics has been sold

click here

anchor 10:32 08 Feb 07

I read the new owner is Globally Ltd. Anyone heard of them?.

click here

I wonder what will happen with those customers with Watford`s warranties; "assist and support" does`nt imply it will be free.

They say, "Information relating to warranty and returns procedures for existing Savastore.com customers whose products are not covered by a manufacturer’s warranty will be provided within the next 48 hours".

Newuser38 12:33 08 Feb 07

see here click here

Newuser38 20:40 08 Feb 07

click here see the site have run out of free pc's and the broadband with free pc offer is suspended.

ajm 21:12 08 Feb 07

"Watford Electronics, the elephant's graveyard of great channel names like Carrera, Time, and Tiny has been sold to Globally.

Globally Ltd was founded on February 5. Its registered address is Jessa House, 1 Finway, Luton. Watford Electronics also operates from that address"

they have technically bought themselves out, possibbly for tax/financial reasons

anchor 10:28 10 Feb 07

Watford Electronics left debts of £3.5m.

click here

spuds 11:05 10 Feb 07

Looking at some of the results from other well known suppliers, could lead to further closures or drastic cutbacks within 2007.

I wonder if Watford or the other subsidiaries will arise as a strong fighting force from the ashes again, they seem to have done so in the past.

anchor 15:55 21 Feb 07

On 7th February Globally Ltd said on their website:

"Information relating to warranty and returns procedures for existing Savastore.com customers whose products are not covered by a manufacturer’s warranty will be provided within the next 48 hours".

That was 2 weeks ago, and no further update!. It does not auger well for those Savastore customers without a manufacturers warranty.

Zero G 16:20 21 Feb 07

3.4 million in debt.
But like Tiny, Time etc i'm sure they will rise from the ashes.
But of course not take on the warranties from the "old" company!

961 13:51 22 Feb 07

Until company law is changed to prevent companies going into administration leaving their creditors and customers in a heap and then starting off again under a new name this sort of thing will just go on

Until then, don't buy warranties that are not insurance backed and NEVER pay other than by credit card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017