Watch out for AOL Free trial

handful 21:59 13 May 03

Just a word of warning. I have just completed a month's trial with AOL and as instructed phoned on the date they said to phone by to tell them I didn't want to continue with it. They then informed me I needed to cancel it before that date so have been charged for the next month. When I stated my case they said I must have been informed wrong and there was nothing they could do about it. Hence, I will definitely never use AOL again, even for a free trial as I was very underwhelmed by it anyway. Terrible trouble connecting and way too intrusive with registry settings etc. (My connection was just lost as i wrote this)My Tiscali connection works first time and is much more reliable.

fitfella29 22:23 13 May 03

they kinda messed me about in the same way about 2 years ago charging me after the month was up and after i had cancelled it.

basically i gave them loads of **** on the phone demanding my money back i got it back tho,keep on at them.

and your right,aol are rubbish they were the worst dial up connection i ever had!

Sir Radfordin™ 22:35 13 May 03

Used AOL free trials for a year (they kept inviting me back) and never had a problem with them at all. Connected first time everytime (and I used 90+ hours most months) and to cancel just emailed them a day or so before the end of the trial period and they closed the account.

You would have had to cancle before the last day of the billing period - I'm sure there Terms and Conditions state this.

Djohn 22:38 13 May 03

a little, I was with AOL for over a year, and left only last week.

I cancelled my account on the last day of the month's subscription, they did not debit my card the following day, also they gave me a free week so that I could log on from my new ISP to collect e-mail. Regards. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…