Waste of Bank Paper

Ex plorer 15:34 PM 08 Aug 11

Hi Today I received my usual yearly bank letter to say that my overdraft was to continue.

I do all my banking on line and stopped all paper statements from my accounts years ago.

I don't even use a cheque book now.

It took 6 pages to inform me about rules interest rates and a load of other jargon.

Why don't they send it by email to my bank in box and save all this paper. There mus be a great deal who bank this way today.

Or is it more time consuming to send emails, against the cost paper, envelopes, and postal charges.

tullie 15:35 PM 08 Aug 11

Maybe legally they have to do this?

Pine Man 16:16 PM 08 Aug 11

Ex plorer

Did you consider asking your bank rather than a bunch of anonymous forum readers? ;-)

interzone55 20:30 PM 08 Aug 11

It's a legal requirement to inform you in writing of the reassessment of your overdraft / credit limit, plus outline the t & c of the overdraft / credit facility.

Not everyone trusts emails from their bank, even if they're secure messages in their online banking pages

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016