Warranty question please!

Wanderfly 12:36 02 May 05

Hi all,
Got a lovely new PC from a company and from the 1st turn on it's had a small fault. I've only had it 3 days even now. It only came with a RTB warranty.
Before I call them, only to be told "box it up and pay for the post back", do I have a claim that they should foot the bill to get it back as it's never worked correctly?
Thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:15 02 May 05

Probbably get shot down in flames but can the fault be self fixed? I am aware of the issues regarding opening cases and warranties.

G

Pooke100 13:24 02 May 05

I don't agree with it but you'll have to pay the postage back, I've had to several times. What about what Gandalf has said?

what is the problem with it?

Fellsider 15:35 02 May 05

I had a problem when I got my PC

the fault was that the front USB and Card reader slots didn't work. The PC was supposed to be RTB warranty but when I phoned (ready to argue that they should come out to fix it) it was an agency that covers a number of retailers products.

Initially they couldn't find the details of my PC but did say that they would get an engineer out and gave a date.

Engineer arrived and fixed the problem - the connectors were not connected to the motherboard!!

I didn't mention RTB warranties and the supplier never queried it. If they had I would have requested to see there test data to prove that they had tested the thing in the first place!!

spuds 18:51 02 May 05

Considering that you have only had it for three days, and it as developed a fault, then it is the suppliers duty to put things right at their expense.Providing of course, that the fault as not been caused by an act by yourself.

Your rights click here

Give the supplier a telephone call, perhaps there is a simple solution to solving your problem.You will need to contact them anyway for a possible RMA reference,before thinking about sending the computer back.

Wanderfly 19:27 02 May 05

Thanks all!
The fault was there from first turn on which is why I feel it slightly different from a problem that may have occurred 5months down the line.
I'm living with it at the moment as it isn't stopping the PC working. It has a high pitched electrical noise that oscillates on and off. On closer inspection it actually sounds like something slightly "shorting"! Other than that, it's got a sound reducing casing and is stupidly quiet!!
I'll call them tomorrow when they're back at work and see what they say.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…