Warranty question

Rtus 09:42 28 May 03

just over a month after perchase..I contacted a company for RMA >> Part of reply>>>The warranty with XXXXXX is actually for a repair after the DOA period. If they cannot repair this, a refund will be issued to you. I'm afraid that we
cannot replace this item.
What does DOA period mean ????? 1st Ive come across it ...

jimv7 09:54 28 May 03

Dead On Arrival.

Rtus 21:03 28 May 03

thats one thought. But dont think so here...Ive cheked right through terms & conditions ,No mention of this "DOA"... any more guess's?

davidg_richmond 21:12 28 May 03

Rtus - DOA is probably their term for the standard exchange/refund time period. I.e. if the product is faulty within 28 days or so. Thing is: the new 'The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002' state that this period is now set at 6 months. Within the first six months of purchase, if the product proves faulty you are entitled to an exchange or repair as the product is assumed inherently faulty. If neither is available, or a repair or replacement causes you significant inconvenience, you can request a refund.

A full (and in legal-speak) breakdown is found here: click here

-pops- 21:17 28 May 03

If this company is trying to "do" you by shirking its responsibilities, the least they could do is define the jargon they use.

No point in guessing - get on to them tout de suite or at least as soon as you can.

Brian

Rtus 23:16 28 May 03

The item has in fact been returned and being accessed! ..I either await a repaired item or refund ..that has been stated in the first part of my post .but what bugs me is all the small print.. mind boggling aint the word...I can only offer the " date of acceptance" i-e being the 28 days as above (davidg_richmond posting) makes sense. Maybe they are not aware of the changes to 'The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002' New period ..But presumably they should be..
Thanks for the replies..Ill close now but update when I have outcome from this supplier.hopefully I havent missed any incorrect spelling this time.

Rtus 21:28 11 Jun 03

Emailed the company concerned on 4/6/03 having not heard from them...
recieved reply on 9th stating ..Please accept our sincere apologies for this delay. I have passed the details on to our Returns Department for advice on this.

Rtus 22:38 17 Jun 03

Ive just emailed the company again due to lack of response of the "Returns Department" Allthough the customer services (one operative in partic)has been very helpful..But I was hoping to have resolved this by now..Ill update again when I get final response from the company.....

Rtus 19:06 18 Jun 03

Conclusion.......A refund has been issued for item cost but not for postage incurred returning it..My last comment here is it took to long to resolve.Thanks for listening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…