Warranty Question

oldsantaclaws 20:03 02 Feb 05

I bought a monitor less than 2 years ago and it has a 3 year RTB warranty, it has just gone wrong.

I contacted the retailer where I got it from and they told me that they only give a 12 month warranty and I need to go to the manufactuer. Did this and they want proof of purchase, this is where my problem is I cant find the receipt. the shops wonderful compute system cant track my purchase and I paid cash (yes i know that was not a great idea).

Is there anything I can do or is it just tough on me for loosing the receipt?

davidg_richmond 20:16 02 Feb 05

Keep trying the company you bought the goods from as they usually will hold on to receipt/purchase information for a few years - mainly moved to their head office though, not branches. Otherwise, yes it is tough as the manufacturer is not obliged to accept your word.

HappySoul 20:37 02 Feb 05

Companies have to keep records for the past 6 years.

Dizzy Bob 21:45 02 Feb 05

Which company was it that you purchased the monitor from?

Dizzy Bob

oldsantaclaws 23:01 02 Feb 05

It was only a local firm near where I live, the monitor is a relisys.

wiz-king 07:31 03 Feb 05

The manufacturers should know the age of the unit from the serial number and most lightly the name of the distributer they sold it to. Unfortunatly if either the shop or distributer had it in stock a long time the monitor may then be out of date. Keep pestering the shop that you bought it from. Write to the manufacturer and say that you like it and are pleased with the product but cannot get proof of purchase from the shop, tell them the name of the shop and see what they can do for you. Most of the do a swap service where they replace your monitor with one of an equivalent age (but working).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac