Warranty provider failing to fix problems

livewire 14:06 20 Feb 11

Just hoping to get some advice for what to do in this situation. Basically about 4 months ago I sent my laptop to an extended warranty provider to fix an inverter cable issue with the screen. They fixed that problem but when I got the laptop back I found it kept turning off randomly.

The laptop has been back three times already and they still havnt been able to fix the problem. I am now in a position where they will probably want the laptop *again* for a fourth time to fix the problem however it takes 3 weeks in turn around time so I have been constantly without a laptop.

It seems to me the company dont seem to know how to fix the problem, or are avoiding replacing the parts needed. I have found if I move the laptop while it is on, or particularly press on the casing in a certain area is turns off immediately.
I feel as though I am paying £12.99 monthly but am getting nothing for the money as they cant fix the problem which they themselves have introduced!

Just wondering what the best course of action would be here, should I try fourth time lucky? Should I ask for some compensation? They claim they are the only company capable of fixing the machine (its an Evesham laptop). They claim only they have the parts to do so, which I worry might be true as Mitac the laptop design manufacturer have said they dont have any parts to fix the machine with.

Would be grateful for any suggestions :) Super thanks!

spuds 14:25 20 Feb 11

Consumer Direct click here might have the answer?.

Being sent back for further repairs isn't really solving the problem,if the repairs are not proving to be 'fit for the purpose'. Is there nothing in your contract about replacements or monetary values if they are unable to fix the problem, in a reasonable time. Especially as they are stating that there is a spares issue involved?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5