Warranty Nerves

lucylastic 17:44 30 Aug 05

OK guys get your index fingers ready, your comments will be really welcome.
After considering articles in the PC press as we do, I finally bought a PC From Savastore.I think what really swung my decision was the five year warranty.On arrival the monitor was found to have a two pin power cable.I phoned customer services immeadiatly and after many attempts by various messages to contact them by e-mail (how)?
I was informed that one would be in the post.
Cutting a long story short, after borrowing a cable I e-mailed savastore five times ,none of which were answered and again by telephone.
I was again informed that one would be sent forth with. Eighteen days later I was awoken at 7'o'clock Saturday morning by the postman demanding £1.55p extra postage for wait for it, a power cable.
The ironic thing is that now i'm up and running it's fine ! Problems are (1)After using a borrowed cable, have i broken the warranty ?
(2) How have my rights regarding The Distance Selling Regulations been affected?
After another e-mail to Savastores webmaster page
(no Reply) and a letter of complaint to Watford Electronics, one week on (no reply). I have not had an explanation or my £1.55p . What dya reckon???

spuds 18:51 30 Aug 05

Using a borrowed cable will not invalidate any warranties. The Consumer Protection [Distance Selling]Regulations 2000 are an addition to other consumer laws. The good part about the Distance Selling Act is that you have a 7 day cooling off period, in which you can return a product for any reason, providing that it is in the same condition that you have received, including wrappings.

In your case now, you will be covered under the two other main consumer laws: The Consumer Protection Act 1987 [as amended] and The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982[as amended].To learn more try click here or click here

If you are having problems now, think what you may have if a major problem arises. Consult the Trading Standards for further advice, you should not pay for Savastores errors.

lucylastic 07:27 31 Aug 05

Thanks Spuds ,Wise words indeed.
After so much argie bargie just getting up and running, the thing that does concern me is as you say, any problems further down the line.I'll take your advice and everyone posted.Again many thanks.

keef66 12:58 01 Sep 05

I bought a psu from e-buyer about 6 weeks ago, and got a 2 pin European type power lead. It took 4 weeks, several e-notes and a couple of phone calls to get a UK 3 pin replacement sent. When it did eventually arrive, it was by courier though.

pavvi 13:55 01 Sep 05

If you don't get any joy, Currys, and dixons sell european to uk adaptors. I use one of these to run a CD recorder with no probelms, it costs about a fiver....

lucylastic 18:00 01 Sep 05

thanks for all your responses. Just goes to show that we're all treated like the proverbial brown stuff once we've parted with the readies.Perhaps the likes of The venerable (creep creep) PC Advisor and their contemperies ought to start reviewing warranties as well as hardware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…