Warranty

cara 23:37 30 Mar 04

Information please. Slightly off topic, but my query could, I think, relate to Computers and warrantys. (In my case I have bought a car, which came with a years warranty).

The warranty company have gone into administration (groan). I am wondering where I stand? I think it is underwritten by someone else. As this is a big player in the the warranty business I will name the company, in case anyone else is affected - Warranty Holdings.

When the dust had died down I will give them a ring, but would imagine the lines will be very busy.

If we are no longer covered, then I will consider a warranty with another company.

Sorry to be (a little) off topic - but I also hope this will alert others who might have a similar problem.

Anyone know what usually happens with regard to warranty and this situation?

Thanks,
Cara

spuds 00:03 31 Mar 04

Go to your local trading standards with your warranty documentation.They should be able to find out who the administrators are, and whether you have any claims. If your purchased the car on a finance deal, and the warranty was paid via this deal, then you will have a claim against the finance company.

Sir Radfordin 01:14 31 Mar 04

click here for the Warranty Holdings website.

Apparently WH is part of the Ford Motor Group (who it is said are insolvent.)

At the end of 2001 the warranties were being underwritten by Lloyds of London.

I'm guessing you will have bought a car from a dealer who has sold you the warranty. They should be able to give you some advice on the matter as they are likely to have heard from their WH Sales Rep. what the situation is. On Friday there was however a degree of confusion about what was happening.

Hope you find out the 'truth'!

cara 01:20 31 Mar 04

Thanks for replies.

No finance was involved and the warranty was included in the deal.

I guess I shall just have to wait and see.
disconcerting to think that a major fault may happen and we are not covered!

Sir Radfordin 10:11 31 Mar 04

Unfortunatly these things are designed so they often don't cover the major faults! However depending on how long ago you bought the car at the time a fault may occur you may have a claim against the dealer.

I do however think that your warranty is still valid and you would still be able to claim on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced