Wanting to buy first laptop

Anny.Robinson 19:25 07 Oct 08

I want to buy my first laptop - mainly for use at home, but I will sometimes take it to work. I mainly use Office and Publisher and the web - so I don't need it for games. I have looked all over the place and read reviews, but I am totally confused. What is a good, reliable laptop, under £500 and where would I get a good service and good guarantee? I hope you can help.

Anny.Robinson 20:35 07 Oct 08

Thanks, Marg7, that is really helpful advice. Best wishes, Anne

malgall 21:31 07 Oct 08

try dell
with dell you can have upto 3 years

jw100 22:06 07 Oct 08

Save yourself any hassle and buy a Toshiba from John Lewis. As mentioned you get a full two year guarantee from them. I buy virtually everything there and if you have a problem they sort it out promptly. A friend of mine bought a Sony laptop from them and after about five weeks the sound card packed up. Without any argument he was offered a refund or replacement. He accepted the refund and bought a Toshiba with which he is well pleased.

PS. I love Toshibas, superb laptops.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…