WANTED NEW Printer that can copy 100% of A4 letter

doe 12:37 02 Dec 04

HELP
HI TITLE SOUNDS WEIRD BUT I HAVE A HP PSC750 ALL IN ONE AND WANT TO UPGRADE TO NEWER VERSION.THE PROBLEM IS I USE THIS FOR BUSINESS AND WHEN I GO TO COPY IT CUTS OFF 2 INCHES OFF BOTTOM. IS THERE A PRINTER THAT COPIES/PRINTS AND SCANS PROPERLY?

PLEASE HELP

pj123 13:37 02 Dec 04

Typing everything in Capitals is considered as shouting. I doubt whether you will get many responses if you shout.

I don't have an HP printer but it could be that your paper setup might be for American standard or Legal which is different from A4.

Give it a check and see if there is somewhere where you can change the paper size.

Sparrowhawk 14:46 02 Dec 04

I know MOST AND MAYBE ALL printers manufactured by ALL CANON can print without any margin, useful for pictures for example.

I don't really know for their competitors.

Starfox 20:49 02 Dec 04

I have the very same machine and don't have the problem you mention,in fact as an all purpose piece of equipment it's great.

I am certain there is something wrong with your settings,it should have no trouble doing a full size A4 copy.

Stuartli 13:45 04 Dec 04

You may also need to check your word processor's configuration regarding page sizes.

jack 15:58 06 Dec 04

Yes check the paper size config in Word processor
and paper size set in printer set up.
The 2 must match and of course be A4

Sparrowhawk 16:40 06 Dec 04

Buy a CANON printer

doe 17:22 06 Dec 04

Hi guy many thanks for the help. I've worked the problem outnow with your help. Even the 'shout' guy sort of helped bless him!
Unfortunately the scanner facility has gone so i need a new one and looking at the new Samsung laser all in one £399. Is it any good?

Stuartli 13:37 09 Dec 04

A £30-£40 flatbed scanner (600dpi or more) is all that the vast majority of people require.

Pay a little more, say for the Caonon Lidl models, and you get more convenience features.

Stuartli 13:39 09 Dec 04

You've hit on the one problem with all-in-ones, if one section goes you have to forego the others until it is repaired - or even more expensively, replaced entirely with a new one.

Stuartli 13:47 09 Dec 04

It wouldn't matter what the make of printer is (incidentally I have a near nine-year-old Canon BJC600e) if the configuration is incorrect either for the printer or the word processor application...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…