Wanadoo? What a do!

andman123 10:03 04 May 05

Aaaagghh!! I have had several great months with Livebox, Wanadoo's wireless broadband. Until it decided to update its firware without informing its customers. The first I heard of it was when I called technical support because my Livebox was dead. Two weeks later, Wanadoo decided that the box was really dead and another would be with me within 3 working days. Well, seven days later a new one arrived. Wireless connection didn't work, ethernet cable did. So, tech support advised connecting via this and change the box's channels to enable wireless connection. This I tried and the box promptly died. Why? Firmware update that, oops, Wanadoo didn't tell me about. So, I have another dead box and Wanadoo refuse to cancel my account. I've had enough and want a refund. Help!

spuds 14:33 04 May 05

Is Wanadoo providing you with a service. If not click here

Ancient Learner 15:58 04 May 05

spuds. That site looks like one of those, so frequently found nowadays, that needs an appropriate PhD to have any chance of finding anything at all relevant. :))

andman123 09:56 05 May 05

Had the run around at Wanadoo yesterday. Took me 40 mins to actually talk to a supervisor who could "help." She told me emails had been sent to all customers warning of this firmware upgrade. I never received one. Lies? I have had to write to Customer Care to request disconnection and a refund! I have of course sent the letter by recorded delivery. Meanwhile, I have contacted local Trading Standards. Let's see what they come up with.

PC Advisor - any suggestions?

andman123 15:10 19 May 05

Well, just to let you know....! Trading Standards were very helpful. Wanadoo have been given 7 days to sort me out, or I'm off to the Small Claims Court. Accordingly, it is unlikely that Wanadoo will be awarded the judgement since I have not acted unreasonably, having given them a chance to rectify the mess. Still, I am not very happy about Wanadoo's bullying techniques, so everyone be aware!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…