Wanadoo? Wanadon't

Rogmur 22:22 08 Sep 04

I was not surprised to read about your problem with Wanandoo.
I recently advised my Uncle to switch to Broadband and as he was with Freeserve dial-up before.
Well the modem arrived and the filters, I installed the software and then plugged in the modem, but no broadband!
We kept reciving the error message 0721 "unable to connect" the remote computer did not respond.

So I rang up wanadoo technical support and was told "yes there is a probem with BT exchange and we are unable to connect you". The support chap said to reconnect in 24 hours time.
So we did and still no service.
My Uncle has rang up Wanadoo support several times and is being fobbed off with vacuuos excuses from idiots who do not care.
I have told him to send Wanadoo their modem back and cancel his broadband account.
I would never recommend Wanadoo to any one.
If an ISP or any organisation can not keep to their side of the agreement then they should be shut down.
The so called "Sale of Goods and Services Act 1982" clealry staes that a company should take reasonable care and skill to provide a service.
Clearly there is no care or skill at Wanandoo.

Kind regards
Rogmur

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…