a wanadoo tale

gob14 20:15 11 May 04

a word of warning to anyone moving house or cancelling there broardband connection with wanadoo. i moved 12 days ago and contacted wanadoo about transfering my connection to my new address and was told no worries up to ten working days it will be on (at cost of £25).12 days later still no connection phone tech support and informed no its twenty days so phone billing to see if i will be refunded for my month and im told its twenty working days and no refund its in the terms and conditions.when i say i was told ten days they just quote the terms and conditions so inquire about cancelling my account and im told i will have to wait for it to be connected and then it will take six weeks to disconect before i can sign up with a different provider .are they having a laugth or does this really take this long

Sparrowhawk 20:18 11 May 04

I have Unlimited modem connection with ex-Freeserve.

I was thinking to switch to Broadband with them.

I might think twice then.

Please keep us updated.

BRYNIT 01:49 12 May 04

I may be reading this wrong and some one else may correct me but reading the terms and conditions i find if you are moving house you do not have to give notice and should contact wanadoo again.

Clause 16.2.1 by either of us on 28 days' notice, unless we terminate pursuant to Clauses 2.7 and 2.8 without notice;

Clause 2.7 In the event that you move from the Premises, and you wish to continue to receive the Service, we shall terminate your Service and (provided that you can receive the Service from your new premises) you will be required to register again for the Service and commit to the remaining term of the Minimum Period. In addition, we reserve the right to make a charge for administration and set-up costs for the Service for the Premises move.

click here for terms and conditions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now