Wanadoo Serviceless Wireless

Version 1 23:34 08 Nov 04

I advise anyone considering Wanadoo - DON'T it is not worth your sanity, certainly not befrore Xmas. I have soent hours and hours on their phone lines and "look forward"? to the same again IF I CAN GET THROUGH !!!

After more than 6 weeks, five long calls from me and four broken promises fom them..... on the latest call I am told a further two weeks wait would ensue before delivery. I send them an email telling them to get their act together before I relate my "experience" to others and I finally received my "livebox" today. Hooray!

I follow their guide and can't connect so I ring the 24 hr helpline. After 40 minutes still holding on the new helpline option a dedicated "livebox helpline" I decide to have my dinner and ring back later on their "24hr" helpline. I ring back at 10.30pm to hear a short message telling me its open 8am to 10pm and then it disconnects me.

I have spent more time on calls to their helpline than using my connection!

schlingel1 09:53 09 Nov 04

I ordered my livebox via wanadoo helpline & it arrived in 3 days as I already had 512k BB unmetered, I did not request a BB connection. I was up & running within 5 minutes. A week last friday my wireless adapter would not connect to the livebox. Phoned the "helpdesk" & went through the usual checks with no joy, so they said they would send a new adapter...... I'm still waiting.
Luckily for me I did a search!... and found that the Adapter is a rebadged Draytek adapter & the drivers can be found here click here
Download them & unzip them, then put the adapter into a USB, go to Device Manager/Network/Preferences/Update the drivers from the unzipped files..... then power up the livebox. It will connect to the adapter straight away.

Version 1 14:36 13 Nov 04

Many many thanks for the advice.

However I've twigged as to what it was. The password I gave them to setup my account was different to the one they had setup. No I am not in denial and it was not mentioned in any setup error meassages.

I was told I had to use a mix of lower and upercase letters and numbers which I thought we had agreed on the sign up. On checking with them this week it was all lowercase. Please bear in mind I look after my works office network and PREACH to everyone about the need for good passwords.

Having said all that service is now up and runing well.

Just one question I can't seem to clear with wanadoo do I need a hardware firewall and where do I put in the chain of connection between telephone line and PC?

Kind Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…