Wanadoo Broadband

csqwared 19:47 28 Apr 04

Being a Freeserve Anytime user I'm now considering taking up the Wanadoo offer of 512k broadband @£17.99 (max of 2GB per month) which should be more than enough for me. Does anybody use this, anybody any comments - good or bad. All would be helpful.

TomJerry 22:13 28 Apr 04

Wanadoo took over freeserve. So they are essential the same company in the UK.

TomJerry 22:15 28 Apr 04

package is good. better than BT anyway because BT capped at 1GB

spuds 22:30 28 Apr 04

They have just started a mega buck advertising campaign, so any offers now may just be a one off promo deal.

maz2 22:48 28 Apr 04

I've used Freeserve Boradband since 2002 and never had any problems, the new price of £17.99 looks pretty good, especially when you look at the price of anytime, there is a restriction of 2gb for downloading but to my mind its a good deal

csqwared 19:08 29 Apr 04

Thanks for the responses folks - I think I'll take the plunge. Thanks once again.

Lead 22:47 02 May 04

I suppose it depends on what you want to do with your connection. If all you do is check your email and bank balance, I guess it's ok.

However, I download more than that in custom maps for all the games I play on-line. (Never mind general browsing, downloads, email, etc.) Good job Blueyonder don't impose any limits on my connection.

Incidentally, they will be increasing my 2mb connection to 3mb by the end of May for FREE! \o/

maz2 00:21 03 May 04

When they say there is a 2Gb download limit, does this apply if you check your e-mail on the webmail and delete all the junk there, a friend is thinking of getting it but she receives loads of junk mail and checks it through the web first, it's deleted as spam, she then opens outlook express so she only receives the messages that she wants, I just wondered if this would affect her 2Gb download limit

johnnyrocker 00:37 03 May 04

no as 2 gig d/load is fairly large in relation to mail servers.

maz2 00:48 03 May 04

Thanks she gets loads of e-mail, as she advertises for a small business, most of it junk so the new smap filter is helping

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…