Wanadoo 512kb - P2P Friendly?

eric_cantona 21:41 30 May 04

Hi, I'm interested in signing up for Wanadoo's 512kb service at £17.99 - however I regularly use p2p services such as WinMX.

I read somewhere that certain isp'S block usage of such services.

I cannot find anywhere whether Wanadoo do this, can anybody out there help?

maz2 23:02 30 May 04

Wanadoo don't block but with the £17.99 service you won't be able to do much as there is a 2Gb a month download limit

eric_cantona 23:54 30 May 04

OK, thanks. As I've never had much experience of broadband, is 2GB really that little? I mean I'll only be using it for about 3hrs max a day downloading a few tunes etc?

Dipso 00:15 31 May 04

Why don't you download a usage monitor now and see how much you actually download. This click here is a link to an earlier thread which suggests some to try out.

maz2 00:56 31 May 04

click here and click on what 2GB means

powerless 04:55 31 May 04

About 66MB a day of that 2GB/month to use...

eric_cantona 11:19 31 May 04

I'm just in a quandry really - I know for a fact that I would be downloading more than I do at the moment if I got boradband, so monitoring my current usage seems a little pointless??

To be honest, at the moment I only download 1/2 songs per month, but obviously will be upping this considerably with boradband....

Decisions decisions!

Plusnet offer a decent deal, but then I have to pay for my own modem & connection.

Does anybody know of any other services to rival the 512k @ £17.99 that Wanadoo offer?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:21 31 May 04

Instead of causing yourself great angst why not just sign up for an unlimited 512 service?....about £7/month extra, connection, modem and filters are free.

G

eric_cantona 11:26 31 May 04

Cos £7 pounds a month may not sound like much, but it unfortunately is :(

maz2 16:10 31 May 04

Try Pipex they are about £23 a month

Lead 17:04 31 May 04

You say you may start to download more once you have bb - if that's true (and from personal experience I think it will be), you need to find that extra £7 somehow.

How to find an extra £7 per month:

1) Download fewer songs. (If you're paying for them that is.)

2) If you're not paying for them, use the money you saved to cover the extra £7 ;¬)

3) Stop buying newspapers and read the news on-line. (40p a day and couple of pound at the weekend > £7)

4) Sell things on ebay

5) Shop on-line and save £££s

(This is all tongue in cheek, by the way.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5