w800i, t-mobile and me

bookworm1 19:44 10 Jan 07

hi i have had a sony ericsson for 8-9 months before the major probs started, to begin with i had a insert sim message which became more and more frequent, then it started to switch on and not want to switch back on, which was very cr**py when i had an alarm set on the phone which then wopuldn't go off. and the joystick would stick, so i returned the phone back to t-mobile where i bought it they offered a repair which i accepted it was sent on 8/12/06 i finally recieved my phone on the 6/1/07, 29 days later. my phone was not repaired in fact it had even more faults with it and they had damaged my handset where they had tried to pry it apart and had slipped also the battery cover, battery, sim card and handset were all loose. i immediatly returned the handset again and rquested a replacement which they refused, only offering to repair it again which i refused as that would only add to the already unreasonable repair time that and the fact hat they had damaged my handset. i was informed that after 6 months i would have to prove that the handset was faulty at the time of purchase and i was only entitled to a replacement if the phone was faulty with in 28 days of purchase. what can i do i have tried to be reasonable but i am very frustrated at this current deadlock

ForestChav 02:03 11 Jan 07

They're sticking to the letter of the law, unfortunately. Not especially helpful though.

They have not repaired it with appropriate skill if it is worse than it was. If the repair is not satisfactory under the same sale of goods act they are trying to get you with, that is grounds for rescission of contract ie a refund. By offering a repair to begin with, they have accepted there is an inherent fault with the handset.

Try them again armed with a copy of the sale of goods act click here

Alternatively, it has a one year guarantee with Sony Ericsson. Contact them?

lisa02 08:58 11 Jan 07

2 year with Sony Ericsson. I have had 3 phones now and all manuals have said they now offer 2 years as standard.

ForestChav advice is good also contact consumerdirect if you get no where this time round.

Demora 09:53 11 Jan 07

Sony have always been very reasonable about repairs. My p910i software got corrupted and they said as long as had proof of purchase they'd sort it. Sent it to them and had it back within a week

click here Service centre numbers should be there. Worth checking.

D

pavvi 11:01 11 Jan 07

The 2 year warranty from sony ericcson is fairly recent I would suggest that Forestchav consult Sony ericcson about it. I'm not in work today but will post back with their telephone number...

lisa02 11:09 11 Jan 07

Yes pavvi they are all recent. I should have said "I have purchased" not "I have had". The first purchase being 5 months ago and the last a couple of weeks back.

lisa02 11:11 11 Jan 07

By phone
Call us at the following number:
08705 23 7237 (£0,10/m)

click here

pavvi 11:34 11 Jan 07

Yes but the w800i has been out for more than a year and so forestchav will need to check with sony ericsson that this has the same cover

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…