Voluntary UK Theatre Group Accounts

ajw2708 00:29 30 May 10

I am soon going to become the Treasurer for a theatre group. A major operation in my first term of Office will be to get the accounts "computerised".

We do not have a payroll, and our professional musical & creative directors get paid by cheque. We need to keep track of our liabilities and income (ticket sales represent 98%). We may be at the VAT threshold levels and we operate as a Charity - with our own Charity Number.

What financial software do you folk out there suggest I give serious consideration to?

lotvic 15:21 30 May 10

Depends on your personal level of expertise and experience of Office Applications.
You may be in for a serious learning curve :)

When I was Treasurer/Secretary for a Charity I had to go to evening classes to learn all the Office Apps. (Microsoft)

Then there were all the rules and regs from Charity Commission click here that had to be adhered to... and the Annual Return.

Charity and VAT click here

ajw2708 18:43 30 May 10

Thank you for the Links to the Charities Commission and the Vat rules for charities. MS Office with Word, Excel and Outlook are not a problem for me and I have had my own self employed accounts on computer (Quicken)in the past.

What do People think of Quickbooks/ Business Accountz/ Sage/ Mamut Office accounts?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…