Voice recognition software

wint 10:29 07 Apr 07

Has anyone found any voice recognition (dictation into Word etc) software which works accurately.

I bought IBM ViaVoice 2000, seven years ago. I think that after a few hour's training, it only interpreted 70ish percent of my dictation. It was quicker (even with two finger typing) to use the keyboard.

Cheaper the better.

I don't have a strong accent, maybe a little Yorkshire but nowt much...

Thanks.

Arthur Scrimshaw 10:41 07 Apr 07

provides help and support for people with health problems and disabilities at work. Problems such as dyslexia mean we often provide voice recognition software, and the one we use almost exclusively is called Dragon. The pro version we use comes in at over £500, but cheaper versions are available - check on Amazon, I seem to remember them selling V9 for about £40-50.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:05 07 Apr 07

Assuming that your fingers are functional you should type fairly quickly after a few hours' training. Over the years I have tried a couple of VR programmes and Dragon did seem to be the best.

G

tullie 11:16 07 Apr 07

And if you have Vista,its part o the package,available in control panel

spuds 11:23 07 Apr 07

A few months ago, I was in PC World and discussed this very subject with an 'independent' technician involved in this type of software. He also suggested that Dragon products was one of the best and more reliable available, both for commercial and private use.

stylehurst 13:28 07 Apr 07

I tried Via Voice many years ago & found it to be very poor. Recently due to RSI I tried Dragon, this is a lot better, and works very well after a bit of training. From experience I found the best results were obtained using the built in text editor Dragon Pad & then doing a cut & paste to either Word or Eudora.

wint 13:34 07 Apr 07

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into Dragon.

tullie 16:50 07 Apr 07

I Will have to stick with vista version,dont think Dragon supports Vista,does it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…