"Vista"(tm) and all that etc.

onlyme 05:09 24 Dec 06

Hi all,

I have been running beta2 IE7 for 8/9 months,I also am running "Windows Live" beta including,"Live mobile","Live mail","Live mail desktop".

Just a word of caution,"Vista" is not yet the final product.

Why? because there are too many conflicts within the api.

I have only tested the "front end" of the api but I can tell you that all that appears is not as it appears.

What I will say is don't rush to upgrade.

So far the best option seems to be,download the "Google" version of IE7 add "Windows Live" and "Windows Media Player 11"

Add a few desktop enhancements and you have "Vista" as it may be at some point.

Not only,but also,this can run easily on a 256MB
"Celeron" system so no need to upgrade the RAM etc

If you are not convinced have a look at my postings in the Helproom.

Merry Cheers to all.

Onlyme.

Forum Editor 10:03 24 Dec 06

1. We have a dedicated Vista forum, and in it you'll find all kinds of posts about this.

2. "Just a word of caution,"Vista" is not yet the final product."

Well no, of course it's not - you're running a beta version; it's not meant to be the final product.

Kate B 10:24 24 Dec 06

Just to add to the FE's post

3. The final version of Vista, the RTM product (release to market) is complete and hits the shelves at the end of next month.

onlyme 20:00 24 Dec 06

Do you not think that I know that!

Do you think I do not know that!

My message is simple is not it! or is it not!

Cheers,

Onlyme.

Oh bye the bye,how can there be a dedicated forum for "Vista" when it is not yet released to the general public. Albeit that corporate bodies have taken up the "offer" of "a new era".

Postscript: I have returned more error reports since the public release of"IE7"and"Windows Media Player v11" in the last three weeks,than in nine months of testing beta2.

So the 30th of January may well be correct,but which year and which version?

Asda La Vista

Onlyme.

Forum Editor 21:29 24 Dec 06

but you've completely lost me - if you "know that" why did you bother to post in the first place?

Our dedicated Vista forum was set up to deal with queries about the public betas, and as you'll see if you take a look, it's been reasonably busy.

I think we'll draw this to an early close.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…