Vista upgrage- free offer

xpuser1 15:08 16 May 07

I ordered in jan for the pc world free vista offer

Sent my receipt and all details, received a email on april 23 saying all ok, and it will be 4 to 6 weeks for the vista

I checked the status, it said cancelled, I had no idea why

Rang them, they said i had a prob with my payment, and they sent a email, on the 9th may to tell me about the prob, I never got the email though

They said there is nothing they can do now, as its too late, and told me to contact hp, I did, and they said, its not up to them, contact moduslink, again, I did again and its getting nowere

Pamy 16:10 16 May 07

Did you ask what the payment problem was? Tell us more about the offer

The Brigadier 16:26 16 May 07

It's the offer that anyone buying a pc between Late 06 & up until Vista launch was being offered a Vista Upgrade for P&P costs only.

Pamy 17:21 16 May 07

So, do not understand about payment problem, xpuser1 payed or didn't pay?

xpuser1 17:42 16 May 07

Credit was authorized in Jan, when they went to take the payment, in may, there was a prob, They cant say, you need the billing dept.so waiting for a email, been waiting 5 days now

I cant do a fresh order, as the time is up, and cant just pay over the phone,

Pamy 17:56 16 May 07

Hi, so do you actually have the computer now?

Totally-braindead 20:07 16 May 07

Yes he has the computer Pamy. When people bought PCs with XP on it they got a free Vista upgrade, its the upgrade hes on about.

xpuser1 look at the threads in the Vista Forum about it theres lots of advice there some that have had the same problem as well.

Kate B 20:46 16 May 07

Did your card expire or did you cancel it between January and the problem arising? I bet that's what's happened. Moduslink only authorised the payment in January; this month they've tried to take it and the card isn't valid any more.

Talk to the company that sold you the PC: they might be able to help, but you might be out of luck as if what I suspect has happened is the case.

xpuser1 07:21 17 May 07

No idea why it was cancelled, They cant tell you on the phone,

If i got the email they say they sent, i would know, but i never got the email

Have to wait and see if i get a reply to my questions asking them why

Pamy 09:47 17 May 07

I am not into this modern way of paying for goods so still do not understand what has gone on. I do not wish to pry into xpuser1's bussiness too much, but am now interested in how the computer was purchased, could someone explain this method to me and who is Moduslink? Does xpuser1 still owe any payments to anyone.

Pamy 10:12 17 May 07

found this via Google it may be of help to you.

Posts 13
Re: Where is our Moduslink Vista Upgrades ?
Was this post helpful ?

Contacted Microsoft yesturday about problems with Moduslink. Here is the reply i got back today.

Thank you for your email about problems with redeeming your Windows Vistaâ„¢ upgrade voucher.

I do understand your concern and am sorry to hear that you have not received a reply to your previous communications with ModusLink. We are aware of this issue and I assure you that we are in the process of resolving it. I will also make sure that your feedback is passed to the appropriate department for their consideration.

I recommend that you check the status of your order on the following link:

click here
click here

Alternatively, you can contact Moduslink by telephone on 00800 666 44 666 for your order status since you have not received a reply via email. Please note that the number given above is an international free phone; therefore please ensure to dial double zero followed by 800. There might be a long wait time due to the volume of calls.

I hope this information has answered your query, but if you have any more questions please give us a call on 0870 60 10 100 . The lines are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Of course if you prefer please send me an email.

Many thanks for contacting us.

Kind Regards,

GEETHA SHIVAKUMAR
Customer Service Professional

Microsoft Customer Services

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now