vista Home basic or Vista home Premium

neil79 16:49 26 Mar 07

My parents want a new desktop but don't want to spend that much (-£500). All they will use it for is web, office, basic photo storage and music.

Do you think's it's worth going for Vista Home Premium to incorporate media centre or will they be ok with just a machine running hoime basic?

Thanks

Pamy 17:06 26 Mar 07

only you and your parents know that. But any doubts go for the next one up

amonra 17:15 26 Mar 07

Personally, I'd stick with the present version of XP. They wont gain much advantage by using Vista, and I think they would be wise to let the dust settle on Vista before committing. As Pamy said, the final choice is yours ............

Pamy 17:23 26 Mar 07

If buying a new computer they will probably not have the choice of having XP

Pine Man 19:19 26 Mar 07

Most of the problems with Vista are associated with upgrades.

If you buy a new computer pre-installed with Vista you can be pretty sure it will have compatible hard and software fitted and shouldn't have any probs.

Home Premium is far better than Basic - in fact if you are buying a new PC the vendor will only install basic if the PC can't run Home Premium.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…