Vista compatible laser printer for £100

nicolas100 11:14 20 May 07

I currently have a Canon Laser Shot LBP-1120 printer, which worked perfectly on my previous ME system. However, since changing computers and now having one that is preloaded with Vista Home Premium, I have been unable to get the thing to work, despite having downloaded the relevant Vista driver from Canon's web site. Having checked forums elsewhere, this seems to be a common complaint with this printer, so it looks like I will have to purchase a new printer.

Can anybody recommend a decent monochrome laser printer that is definitely Vista compatible, for under or around £100? I have searched various forums but have been unable to find this info. Also the retail sites do not appear to have been updated to account for Vista and this includes manufacturers' own sites, so it's not clear which printers are compatible and which are not.

I was looking at the Samsung ML2010 or ML2510, both of which have good reviews and appear in the list of printers on Vista. I would have thought that this would mean that they are automatically compatible but contributors to some forums are suggesting that this is not always the case!

As always, any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

spuds 13:53 20 May 07

You have got me thinking now about my Samsung ML-4500 laser printer, and whether that is compatible with Vista, should I convert to that O/S.

One thing that I would suggest, is the model that you finally choose as 'Supports' or 'Vista Compatible' on the box or instruction book, and the retailer confirms this. By doing that, you may have a come-back if the units fails the test.

nicolas100 20:45 22 May 07

Eventually bought Samsung ML-2510 Laser Printer for £60 on the basis that Vista has the driver listed on the pre-installed list. As soon as printer was connected, Vista automatically loaded it. New printer is now working fine, despite the instructions that came with the printer not mentioning Vista.

Gizmo2005 09:06 23 May 07

I am using Vista ultimate 64, and I have an very old Samsung ML1250 and I plugged it in and away it went!!!

anchor 13:44 23 May 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…