vista anytime upgrade DVD

aine 16:01 01 Feb 09

On Ebay there is a DVD for the above, for sale £16, is this worth buying? The sellers say that if you have a registration for a previous version of Vista you can use that to activate this upgrade?. If I did purchase this, am I correct that the upgrade would not effect my programs and photos. Regards Aine

rickf 16:06 01 Feb 09

Why can't you just upgrade as per normal as they become available online.

aine 16:16 01 Feb 09

I have a DVD which I used to upgrade from XP to Vista premium. If I reloaded this surely I would have to backup all the info that I have on my PC now? This I am loathe to do because I am not sure what I would have to backup?. I thought that by getting this would save me some problems. At present I have some niggardly problems that a reinstall would fix, A Repair did not fix them. Aine

interzone55 16:30 01 Feb 09

My usual feeling when it comes to software on ebay is avoid like the plague...

rickf 16:41 01 Feb 09

I would agree. Better be safe than sorry.Search if you can find another means to resolve this

aine 17:12 01 Feb 09

I have gone to the Dell support site, they suggested using the hidden partition. I have backed up my files as suggested by them. My query is my internet connection was very difficult to set up.If I now restore using their partition, will I lose this internet set up? Aine

aine 20:20 01 Feb 09

I will close this thread. I am seeking further imformation. will I lose my internet connection using my upgrade disc? If there are no more answers on this I wil start a new post. Aine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…