VisionPlus USB Digital Box (VP-7041) Freeview

GoldenBoy 21:13 08 Dec 04

I want to put TV on my Computer.Has anyone any info on this USB TV Box. Currently selling at around £48 + vat. Is it any good?. or any other suggestions please.

Unlucky Bob 10:27 09 Dec 04

I've got the smaller laptop edition of this model in use. Not had any problems with it except that my TV reception isn't very good where I live anyway and that does effect the quality of the picture.

One thing though, it dosen't seem to pick up all the freeview stations. None of the music channels were picked up on the autoscan and I haven't yet tried to scan manually for channels.

I'm not an expert at these things but getting it installed on my system was very easy with the new drivers available on the website.

I can't say if it's better or worse than any other product on the market, I haven't tried any others. Try this review though.

I hope it helps...

click here

Stuartli 14:08 09 Dec 04

I have the TwinHan VisionPlus VisionDTV ter PCI card version (just over £50 including delivery from click here) and it is first class; a 500MHz CPU upwards is enough to run it.

It brings in all the Freeview TV and radio channels from Winter Hill (I also have a Freeview set top box so know what's available) and, in fact, some of the stations are duplicated and have to be deleted..:-)

Picture quality is superb (true digital rather than the back to analogue signal required fopr your TV with set top boxes), equally so with sound, and the card is also ready (if and whenever it arrives here) for HDTV.

By the way, Freeview set top boxes provide individual channels for each TV programme; in actual fact the VisionPlus does as well, but as some stations such as UK Bright Ideas and FTN are on the same transponder but at different times, the card will display whatever is being transmitted on both these channels.

In effect this means you could delete either the UK Bright Ideas or FTN channel and still pick up either station.

Stuartli 14:21 09 Dec 04

The TwinHan card is cheaper than the Hauppauge equivalent and, apparently, uses the same driver (now in 2.43 version from click here)

Review at:

click here

SOFTWARE SID 08:55 10 Dec 04

I've had this for just over six months - had some recent problems with getting it to display in full-screen, but sorted now. Overall, I'm pretty happy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…