Visioneer Scanner

SmiffyRebel 10:37 22 Nov 03

Just a couple of quick lines to compliment visioneer. I ordered the Visoneer 9020 one touch scanner on Sunday and it was delivered on the Wednesday all for £99.99 which was the cheapest price I could find.
Well Done Visioneer

SmiffyRebel 10:47 22 Nov 03

Oops I forgot to mention that the scanner came complete with all leads including the USB lead and supporting software.

sdf 14:32 22 Nov 03

i too have a 9020 - fantastic performer. I would stongly recomend it to anyone

Wilham 18:05 22 Nov 03

Visioneer brought out a new scanner numbered 9320 and it went on sale in the USA in August; nominal price is $150, but adv at $132+local taxes. It's 48 bit, 6400x3200 dpi and USB2.0 and is available in Germany as well as US.
UK seems to be clearing the 9020's before importing the new one. I'd be pleased to hear if anyone finds here.
The 9020 is good, but is the higher spec worth waiting for?

Wilham 18:44 22 Nov 03

For details of the 9320 click here

warbler 08:44 23 Nov 03

Very interested in the positive opinions about the 9020 which I am considering buying. Has anyone used it for for negative or slide scanning? Is it possible to scan negatives larger than 35mm.

sdf 15:19 23 Nov 03

as i type I'm scanning some 35mm slides in, also used it for normal negatives and it always delivers. as a personal thing I have found 1600dpi produces very acceptable image quality while keeping the image size down and scan time quick. the paperport software that comes with I found very easy to pick up for basic scanning. if you did want to get more into the advanced editing they also supply adobe photoshop elements, admittidly not the latest edition but its bundled software - go figure! as for scanning bigger negatives to be honest I didnt know they came bigger then 35mm slides!??

warbler 18:36 23 Nov 03

Thanks to sdf for the reply. Yes I have 2.25 inch square negatives accumulated over a 20 year period I know that dedicated film scanners can cope but funds wont stretch to that.

sdf 19:14 23 Nov 03

Warbler: I have had a play with all the settings I can find and through various programs, the only way I can get the backlight to activate which is needed to scan negatives is by selecting the scan negative or scan 35mm. I fear as such that the 2.25" would not be possible. I still would say for scannning more modern sized negatives and documents etc the 9020 is top notch!

SmiffyRebel 17:15 24 Nov 03

I don't know if this would work but if you took the 35mm negative scanning mask and made another one that would accomodate a 2.25" neg who knows maybe that would work. But I do not know for sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…