Virus from downloaded application?

deep-joy 12:15 18 Feb 05

Downloaded a HTML Editor called 1stpage2000 from Evrsoft. On installation Norton reported a virus, JS.WindowBomb in a file "Six Buttons from hell.izs" - there are a number of .izs files in a sub folder for 1stpage2000. Is this a "real virus", or is Norton getting it wrong. Seems odd that such an application would have a virus loaded file. Any comments, advice appreciated

gudgulf 13:13 18 Feb 05

click here

for some information on JS.Windowbomb as for it being in your downloaded program....only one way to find out.I am downloading it now from Evrsoft's homepage and will post back if I find anything untowards in there.

gudgulf 13:21 18 Feb 05

Some more information to put your mind at rest click here

gudgulf 15:41 18 Feb 05

I've now installed the program and Norton pounced on the "six buttons from hell" script as the JS.Windowsbomb trojan and removed the file.

It's not a trojan (more of a computer prank really) and it's equally not needed in 1stpage2000 so I would just let Norton delete the file to keep it happy and carry on using the program. click here for even more information on the nature of the file.

deep-joy 16:47 18 Feb 05

Many thanks for your help and work in downloading, providing links and information. Its appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…