Virgin.net lousy customer service

Beware if you use Virgin,net as your ISP and have the temerity to change your Direct Debit details. Having changed banks, and notified Virgin.net with the new details I went for a weeks holiday. When I got back they had suspended my account and, worse, deleted around 300 messages, many of them important.. They had sent a warning e mail on 8th June, while I was away, and on the 9th the account was deleted. Naturally I wrote to complain only to be told that it was the fault of "their system" as if the computer runs the company rather than real people. Any other utility would have written to the customer giving time for problems to be sorted out. There are always glitches when Direct Debits are changed. Virgin's attitude seems to be that the customer is the least important bit of the business. I know I could change ISPs but it's a hassle losing your e mail address. I note from Virgin's letter that their registered address is NTL building. Anyone know if they are now part of NTL. Rant over. Thanks for viewing

raeman 16:40 29 Jun 05

It seems they were bought over by NTL some months ago , fortunately I've had no problems when I changed my account details recently.

Dizzy Bob 18:33 29 Jun 05

To avoid all the hassles of changing email addresses when changing provider, register your own domain.

This is fairly cheap (for co.uk domains), however most of the choice domains have gone, so you may wish to pay more for an .org or .com domain.

When you have the domain, set up email forwarding to the email address of your choice. If you change accounts, just change whre you forward the emails to. You should never have the hassle of changing email addresses again.

Shop around for deals, make sure that you are named as the domain owner, not the company (as this can cause problems when renewing the domain, and make sure email forwarding is included.

I use click here and find them to be very good.

Hope this helps

Dizzy Bob

Dizzy Bob 18:35 29 Jun 05

Obviously the previous post should have read 'register' not refister, which i think is possibly something rude!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…