E mail Problems Again !

tekkie 20:47 22 Nov 03

Virgin’s Service Announcements admit they are still having Internet difficulties. This time it is with their email access. A number of other web forums have posted that users are, amongst other problems, unable to download e-mails, with virgin repeatedly requesting passwords to be re-entered. Following on from their recent slow broadband, which is still not adequate, this latter poor service is a disaster. No doubt it will prompt customers to rapidly switch providers.

Blue screen of death666 17:22 23 Nov 03

I have been having mail problems for some time now...I now want to change ISP but cant as I cant get hold of virgin on the phone.I have mailed them,but have not had a reply yet.....and it is now coming up to 5 days!!!.....Stay well away from virgin is my advice....and as there customer service is appalling!!

xquest 22:15 23 Nov 03

Yes, my Virgin Net email (Broadband and dial-up) has been down more or less continuously since Wednesday 19th. Nov. due, they say, to a failed server. But how long does it take to change a server ??? When I was a working lad this sort of service was just not tolerated - we worked day and night and weekend to sort it.

I've tried to register with Firenet pay-as-u-go in view of the WHICH best buy report but whilst I can send emails (I think) I can't receive anything ... message comes up <Internal error [Server response:-ERR that command is valid only in the TRANSACTION state!]>
I'm using Opera browser and email for Firenet as I don't want to 'confuse' Outlook Express at this stage. If Firenet dial-up proves OK I'll change to their broadband service.

Pity, because I'd been quite happy with Virgin Net until recently. A neighbour will also be leaving Virgin Net - their failure is beginning to cost him money.

If Firenet and/or Virgin Net can help on this I'd be interested.

keenan 23:36 23 Nov 03

seems to be alot of 'Virgin' problems click here

aminsha 15:41 26 Nov 03

I have been with virgin for a number of years first with dial up and more recently switched to borad band. I have had countless problems in the past two months, one major problem with connection and recieveing mail. Every time i contacted tech support they were trying to fob me off until the other day they said that they had known about this problem all along and there is now a patch available. DOwnloaded this patch but vvirgin still does not work properly it is applaing. Customer service well i dont think they know what those words mean. Dont sign up, stay away is my advice.

The best way to get in touch with virgin is the home page and use the contact us link. always worked for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…