Virgin.net - Customer Service Stinks!!!

JayDay 10:04 02 Sep 04

I am writing this while holding for a customer service rep (I use this term loosely). Ten minutes and still listening to some trashy electronic music (what's wrong with Greensleeves?).

I am trying to migrate from Virgin Broadband and it has taken 4 days, 3 emails, and 2 phone calls just to get the MAC key. I am now attempting to find out what BT connection product they use! Will this torture never end?

Still on the phone.

My new ISP who I haven't even signed up with yet have responded to my emails within minutes. I even got an apology because they took half an hour to respond to one.

Got through... wait a moment I'm speaking to some dipstick who hasn't got a clue what I'm talking about!!!!!!

herc182 15:12 02 Sep 04

Thanks for the advice on the ISP. i totally agree! i didnt have a word to say against Virgin until i tried their customer service (this is the no. that ends in 1118 right?).

In total, i was on hold with them for approximately an hour (a series of phone calls and angry name calling to that tune WHICH I CANNOT GET OUT OF MY HEAD NOW).

I Finally got through to them to get my MAC key and they still couldnt give it to me. the guy put me on hold (again) then spoke to someone and said that he was going to email the adsl team and they will email it to me....ARRRRHHHHHHHHH.

the BT connection product is ADSL IPStream Home 500 i believe (thats what the guy said but who knows!). so if you eventually do find out let me know.....

Plus nets customer service is incredible. worth saying that. i emailed about 5 times last night (not very efficient) and they replied in all cases within the hour (or 30 mins!). impeccable responses.

VIRGIN CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCK INDEED. at least change the tune every now and again....

Forum Editor 19:12 02 Sep 04

I'll transfer it to Consumerwatch.

Calling someone a 'dipstick' isn't a very mature way to approach a problem like this - I hope your approach to Virgin is slightly less perosnally offensive.

JayDay 19:27 02 Sep 04

No I bit my tongue. I'm well aware that this sort of approach only gets peoples backs up. But it helped a lot to be able to vent my frustration!

I can't believe that they employ people with such limited knowledge. Virgin would be better off closing their customer support dept. and ask customers to post their questions on this forum. They would get a quicker and more accurate response.

JayDay 20:25 02 Sep 04

Don't get me wrong to begin with I was very happy with Virgin.net and have even recommended them on this forum.

However I feel Virgin have lost their way a bit. It was a very good package about 12 months ago but they have let the competition sneak up on them. It's a
shame because I have been very happy with them until recently.

I can't in all honestly recommend them on value for money or customer service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…