24/7 going to pot

Busy 21:10 02 Oct 03

I know its not just me-it takes 6 or 7 attempts to get a connection to dial up lately,especialy during the evening.Anyone got any thoughts as to why?Used to be so good,first time connection,always got over 50kps speed,seems to have gone right down the pan.Good thing my exchange will be enabled in 4 weeks and I dont think it will be Virgin for broadband!Still,look what Virgin did for the enough said eh.

Andybear 21:24 02 Oct 03

I used to be on Virgin dial-up. It worked fine on my old PC which had W95 on it. Earlier this year I bought a new PC with WXP on it. I used the same settings etc and had tremendous problems, particularly as regards actually getting through and then being disconnected after a few seconds. After several lengthy telephone conversations / emails with Virgin, they said that the problems were probably caused by WXP and suggested I go back to W95! That was the day Virgin became my ex-ISP. I now have NTL broadband. Apart from the occasional hiccup, it's fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…