virginmegastores.co.uk

Smiler 11:46 25 Oct 07

Anyone had any dealings with them.
I pre-ordered Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass on 8th October hoping to receive it on the release date of 19th October.
I checked my account on 19th and the item was showing back ordered.
I checked my credit card account and the money was taken out on 8th October even though their site policy states that the money will not be taken until the item is ready for despatch.
I have been contacting them by using their contact page but with no response.
I have tried contacting them by landline on 08452777447 and have been kept on hold, after going through all the selection messages, on four occasions for over 30 minutes each time, which has negated any savings I may have made by purchasing from them.
I have also sent them a letter by snail mail giving my phone number and email address and have had no response from that either.
The annoying thing is I was in Tescos on Saturday and could have purchased it off the shelf.
Anyone got any ideas how I can either get a response or cancel the order and get my money back.

Smiler 11:54 25 Oct 07

I have just checked my account again and I find that somehow they have the wrong email address for me so I have sorted that and sent another message via their contact page.
This has elicited an automated response "A member of our customer services team will respond to your query shortly."
So I will wait and see what happens.
Still doesn't eplain the lack of response to the snail mail though.

carolineann 23:28 26 Oct 07

Not very good I agree Smiler. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

tullie 07:57 27 Oct 07

Maybe you made a small error when giving them your email address,if so that may have delayed things?

Smiler 14:06 27 Oct 07

Cheers carolineann :-)

tullie
I did make a mistake with the email address which I have since rectified and sent further emails which have not been responded to, other than automated ones saying I will be contacted soon.
The mistake in the email address doesn't explain why they have not even replied to my snailmail letter which included my correct email address and my phone number.

I have just received an email thanking me for my order and that it has now been despatched, but there is still no mention of why they took the money out of my account on the day I ordered and not when the item was ready for despatch as their T&C's state.

Smiler 14:42 02 Nov 07

I received an email on Tuesday replying to my snalmail saying that due to supply problems they were unable to get a supply of the game in time and because of the problems I had encoutered they were refunding my money, but that I could keep the game that had been despatched last Friday.
All well and good but I still haven't received the game :-(

Smiler 14:44 02 Nov 07

PS so at the moment I am still out of pocket to the tune of about £6 for the phones calls I made :-(

Smiler 14:13 14 Nov 07

The game still hadn't arrived by 1st Nov so I contacted them by email again and they said they would send another copy out (if they had sent the first one I don't know).
This arrived last Friday and the money has been refunded to my credit card.
So I'm happy as in the end it only cost me about £6 for the phone calls.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…