Virgin Media TV - Picture Quality

lil27 13:01 23 Oct 08

I am currently getting a poor quality picture on virgin cable. It is a new TV and I get good quality picture on the Digital Channels through my aerial so not TV. When you change channel on the cable box, even the writing on the programme information is blurred.

I have tried a different cable from incoming wall socket to set top cable box but problem persists. I live in the Northwest area and wondered if any one else has this problem.

BT 17:08 23 Oct 08

Check in the settings menu and see if the box output is set to Composite or RGB.
I get a very poor picture if set to RGB but a perfect picture set to Composite.

lil27 00:30 24 Oct 08

Cheers BT. It is set to composite. I have been on cable for years and its only recently that i have noticed poor picture. Not changed any settings at all.

I think i need to ring them - oh dear cannot expect any quick fix. feeling sky+ coming on

BT 07:54 24 Oct 08

I've always found my local Virgin service pretty good. They sent an engineer out in the evening to install my service after a delay due to a mix up when I moved house from London to Norwich. It seems the 'Moving Home' option on the website doesn't seem to account for moving to a different town. It scared me silly when he was walking about on my bungalow roof IN THE DARK to route the cables. They also replaced my box next day when I had a fault.
Yours may just be a wiring fault or they may just need to replace the box.

It could be the scart lead that is causing the problems. If you have changed from a CRT TV to an LCD / plasma then a poor quality scart cable will be much more noticeable.

lil27 12:50 24 Oct 08

Cheers [email protected] that sound logical. I will try a different cable tonight.

lil27 22:58 24 Oct 08

Came home from work with the intention of swapping scart leads. picture was ok. It seems to be intermittent when the bad picture happens. I think maybe the box is on its way out. Will ring Virgin and get them to check it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…