Virgin media and slowdown accessing Rapidshare

gazzaho 19:35 22 Feb 08

Has anyone out there with a Virgin brodband connection and rapidshare account noticed a slowdown at peak hours? I have a 4MB connection and I usually download files at around the 400 KB/sec, but I've noticed a slow down in the last week or so to 120 KB/sec at around 7 PM or so and it lasts all night. I have a download manager and I'm going on what it reports, are Virgin throttling back on rapidshare access at peak times?

GaT7 19:50 22 Feb 08

I'm surprised you're not aware that VM introduced a fair/acceptable usage policy during peak hours last year click here.

Btw, you may be eligible for a free upgrade from 4 to 10Mb click here (fair usage will still apply of course). Related discussion at Hexus click here. G

gazzaho 19:57 22 Feb 08

Thanks for the info Crossbow7 I wasn't aware of this and don't ever remember getting an email or letter informing me, which is strange. But now I know it's normal I'm cool with it, I'm gonna have to stop downloading so much crap in future LOL.

gazzaho 19:59 22 Feb 08

I forgot to say I think I will get the 10MB automatically, as far as I know, when they get around to my part of the country.

merciarich 05:25 23 Feb 08

I am on Virgin and use Rapidshare a lot. I am currently on the 4MB and am expecting my speed upgrade by the end of Feb.

I do notice a slow down too, and it is (as suggested) the fair use policy for peak hours. Do what I do, use it after midnight for speeds of 700kb+

I would point out that restarting your modem/set-top box does help if you are having speed issues. Also check the Virgin Service status pages as there may be tech issues in your area (i had issues with mine all last week)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…