virgin media

iqs 14:09 28 Mar 07

Hello ,I have placed an order for VIRGIN media Broadband.

I originally asked for their'up to 4mb' for £25 a month.The priced was then dropped to £17,a special offer.

During the conversasion I asked what offer they had with their'up to 10mb'.Yet another special offer.Should of been £35,now £27 a month.Plus in a few months the 10mb will be upgraded to 20mb at no extra cost.

I was paying £28 a month with BT for their 'up to 8mb'.But could only get at times dial up speed.

It should be installed on the 3rd,not bad

What do you all think of this offer?.Cheers

Zero G 16:42 28 Mar 07

Virgin Media - Acceptable user policy click here
I got promised 8MB+ spped, never happened mainly as a lot of BT exchanges (amd my local one) need to be updated to carry the extra load. So the promise of extra speed may not happen!

Zero G 16:42 28 Mar 07

Oopps should read (and my local one)

Monument 17:29 28 Mar 07

You are confusing the Virgin Media Cable service which is nothing to do with BT, with the Virgin ADSL service.

The 10Mb is cable and very reliable and consistently runs at virtually 10Mb

birdface 14:47 30 Mar 07

click here there home page if you want to have a look,I agree with Monument if they say you will get 20Mb thats about spot on what you will get,

birdface 14:50 30 Mar 07

That one never came out right,Press the back button bottom left that should take you into home page.

JYPX 00:03 31 Mar 07

I think that is a good deal, and frankly cable v bt based services is starting to look like an unfair contest. It would seem that 50mb cable will be with us soon. I am not sure what the maximum possible speed is for ADSL, but if it is 16mb then a big gulf will open up soon. And at that point I guess bt/sky/tiscali customers will be looking hard at Virgin, or will be stuck with "dial-up" speeds, in relative terms.

zincy 00:16 31 Mar 07

was this speical offer to you as you are an exisiting customer?

iqs 11:24 31 Mar 07

no,I am a new customer.Thank you all for your help so far.

I will keep this thread open until my new service is installed...Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple