Virgin ISP, well done on Anti Spam

fullyfitted 19:39 19 May 04

A little while ago Virgin advised that they were installing new Anti -Spam software. At that time I was getting in excess of 100 e-mails per day, most of them junk. I was very sceptical but all credit to Virgin, I now get about 10 per day and Mail washer filters out what Virgin misses.
I was at the stage of changing either my e-mail address or my ISP but I am now a happy bunny,

As a pay as you go customer on Dial up I was also happy that the service is at no extra cost

marble 20:59 19 May 04

I second that !!

I was in exactly the same situation as you - also on dial up.

I think Virgin is the best thing since sliced bread!

I am so happy now ...

computernerdiamnot 21:52 19 May 04

Been with them from the begining, never once hadto use tech support never had trouble with spam and i think what they are doing for users is brilliant. Well done Virgin.

wee eddie 21:55 19 May 04

I think Hotmail's current problems are related to their new anti-spam software.

The only way to reduce (not stop) spam is a system of pay-for mail at source.

fullyfitted 22:54 19 May 04

Thanks Wee eddie,
I was SOOOO happy til you said that
now I live in fear and trepidation that I may have missed the chance to enlarge a bit od my anatomy

wee eddie 23:45 19 May 04

While I agree that you may be forgiven for having no pressing desire to enlarge that particular member.

I am a bit doubtful about such systems and prefer to survey my own mail. After all, at my age, the little blue pills could become useful should the occasion present itself!

marble 14:54 21 May 04

Hey Wee Eddie - females are also offered the enlargement service! Gets real boring after a while!

wee eddie 18:08 21 May 04

It is not the spam that worries me, boring though it is.

Many of the Spam Filters use a selection of words and phrases to decide whether a particular piece of mail is spam or not. This is very effective, it picks up about 90% or so of all spam.

Unfortunately, it also picks up any genuine mail that might inadvertently contain one of these words or phrases.

Of course you would not know that it had been sent as you would not have received it.

krypt1c 19:42 21 May 04

I posted a similar thumbs up for Freeserve [Wanadoo] a while back. Their system puts suspected spam in the server junk folder, and leaves it there for 7 days. I just log on and check it. Any I don't want to be flagged as junk, I can redefine. And of course vice-versa. I also use poppeeper click here to check mail before launching my email client. Works for me. I now get very little spam in my inbox, and I don't actually download any.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…