virgin are a joke

Newuser2 11:06 28 Oct 08

Mum is moving to retirement apartment and wants a tv fone and bb package. I've called virgin on umpteen occasions to see if the new apartment complex is connected.
All the individual apartments are cabled up.
The response has been apathy they can't be bothered to send someone out to check.
So mum wont be signing up and I will go to talk talk and virgin can you can guess.
If someone from virgin would like to email me they can.

iscanut2 11:47 28 Oct 08

Don't hold your breath re an email !

birdface 12:36 28 Oct 08

[All the individual apartments are cabled up.] Yes for digital TV.I would first ask the council if you are allowed to use any other TV signal provider.Assuming it is Council accomodation.

birdface 12:44 28 Oct 08

Have you tried posting your mums new postcode into the box to see if she can get any of the services. click here

g0nvs 19:25 28 Oct 08

Pursue it ! I recommended my daughter to Virgin & got £50 for it & so did she.

octal 06:26 29 Oct 08

Also try posting on the Virgin Media Broadband News Group the technical people keep an eye on there and they should be able to get something done.

Newuser2 11:16 29 Oct 08

Thanks guys I'll keep on at them.

Condom 20:00 29 Oct 08

Jokes are supposed to be funny. This lots after sales service has never been funny. Looks like their pre sales service might be catching up.

Mary_S 00:07 30 Oct 08

YOur right this company is joke. I'd stay away from it, their customer service is rubbish!!

Newuser2 13:20 31 Oct 08

I've just spoken to someone at virgin who was very helpful honest !
It turns out that the whole post code were mum is going to live is not cabled up at all.
So it looks like BT and thats not good going by my sisters experiences.

pj123 15:15 31 Oct 08

Mary_S, I started on the Cable staircase at least 15 years ago. It started off in my area as Norwich Cable, it then went to Bell Cablemedia and from there to Cable and Wireless. Then NTL took it over and although it is still NTL it now has a new name Virgin Media.

I have never had any problems with their service/help at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…