Viking Direct - great customer service

hoverman 06:36 30 Jul 03

We hear so many complaints about companies that I thought I would post a bit of praise about one for a change. A short while ago I ordered a ream of A4 paper from Viking Direct following a response to my thread click here

The paper had been recommended to me in response to an email sent to Viking but when I tried it I had the same ink transfer problem between pages. I rang Viking (freephone number) and they arranged for it be collected (free of charge) and refunded my money, despite the fact I had used a few sheets to test it.

That is what I call REAL customer service. I have since purchased a different grade of paper from them which is perfect.

Sir Radfordin 08:17 30 Jul 03

Agreed, Viking Direct do seem to be a company who know how to keep your business. The only poit I would make about them is to check the prices for the things you buy as you can normally find 2 or 3 (at least!) for each product. They all have different product codes so you need to find the one at the lowest cost!

hoverman 09:20 30 Jul 03

Your point about checking prices is a valid one. The paper I finally bought was in their catalogue at £7.49 (ex-VAT) for a ream of 500 sheets, which I thought very good value. Went to their web site and the same paper was on special offer at £3.99 (ex-VAT)for a single ream. Needless to say I ordered more on-line and it arrived the very next day.

cornwall 09:26 30 Jul 03

I've been using Viking Direct reasonably regularly over the last couple of years, and have not experienced any problems. On-Line service is excellent, and prices are exceptional. Would agree with previous post in that it is necessary to check prices, as I regularly order envelopes, and better quality (heavier) ones are often cheaper than those not so heavy!!

-pops- 10:10 30 Jul 03

Once you've bought from Viking, they regularly send a small catalogue of special offers. I used to just bin it as I always bought on line but, when you get one of these, have a look at it - there are often some excellent bargains to be had in all sorts of areas. A friend recently equipped an entire office with "specials" from Viking including desk, chair, filing cabinet and loads of accessories. OK, it took a few months and a few catalogues of special offers to do it but everything was bought special offer and very cheaply.

Brian

roygbiv 12:27 30 Jul 03

I have used Viking direct in the past ( i am now disabled and dont need most things) about 5 years ago i ordered 1 item and when it arrived it was wrong, 1 phone call to them and it was changed and replacement sent out within 3 days (i live out in the sticks).

Cannot fault their service.

Sir Radfordin 13:23 30 Jul 03

The trick with these things is to not let on that you are the same person who bought from them last time. I've bought various things under various name (for good reason) and the 'specials' that get sent are often slightly different. They are one company who do seem to make some effort to target their customers.

-pops- 14:44 30 Jul 03

Oh yes, I've always been more than pleased with them. I even got a box of shortbread at Christmas!

wee eddie 19:33 30 Jul 03

Own brand photo paper good as well.

Have a look at the compatible ink-jet cartridges!

Stuartli 20:28 30 Jul 03

In my area Viking also offer same day service by courier...:-)

zaach 09:22 01 Aug 03

At the end of July I emailed Viking reporting a fault in speakers I had bought in May. The same day I received an email telling me to ring a freephone number which I did the following day. The day after that I received replacement speakers.
Not bad at all was it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…