views on photoplus 8 please

joeltr 16:18 01 Mar 04

Hi all, i received a letter this morning from serif offering photoplus 8 for £9-95 + p&p also a free copy of inksaver, i have ordered a copy to have a look, does anyone have any opinions of the product?, thankyou, joel.

nooney 19:39 01 Mar 04

I use Serif software quite a lot and find generally that their software works very well and is excellent value for money.
I do not know if you have been using version 7 as that is very similar.
Watch out when you are saving your work as it always uses a native serif file type, and for most situations especially the web you need to save it in jpeg. etc

jaydeeace 00:45 02 Mar 04

funnily enough, I'm on click here at the mo, downloading page plus 5 - I love those Serif peeps, IMHO much better software then MS, certainly better value ;)

joeltr 14:37 02 Mar 04

no this is the first serif product ive bought, i will wait for it to arrive, i also ordered the photoplus 8 manuel for £10, half price, so i can learn about it,thanks for your tips, regards joel.

mbp 15:43 02 Mar 04

Serif's free, and superceded versions at specially low prices, cannot be bettered. What better way to to learn how to use software programs, from digital photography, Web site publishing, Desk Top Publishing, etc for a very tiny price. A give away price! The programs have all the basic elements, easy to use, stable, and reliable. You cannot do any better in terms of value for money on Serif's bargains.
Their Companion Guides are excellent tutorials, and well written.
Serif programs tend to have their own file formats that suit their programs. However this can easily be converted to the format that you choose without too much difficuolty, if you wish to change it for another program.
If you wish to be economical, want to learn about digital photography, PhotoPlus8 will probably do everything that you may want to do to a photograph. If you really think you need extra facilities, there is always PhotoPlus9, the latest version that will do almost everything that Photoshop7 will do.

joeltr 17:02 02 Mar 04

thanks very much for your comments,i am really looking forward to receiving it now and getting started, regards joel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5