Video capture from a VCR

Woolwell 17:05 20 Mar 06

I have some old VHS tapes (some are old cine transferred to tape) which I now want to transfer to PC and then burn on DVD. Does anyone have any recommendations for a USB video capture device?

Stuartli 17:25 20 Mar 06

A Twinhan Freeview DVB-ter Digital + Audio (D+A) TV card will provide the means to do this, along with inputs from other devices such as a games console.

It also comes in handy for watching TV..:-)

click here

I haven't used mine for this purpose yet but, no doubt when I get time.....

wjrt 22:03 20 Mar 06

or mebbe quicker and easier nip into Asda buy cyberhome 1600 dvd recorder for £68 and do it in real time and still have a dvd fecorder to play with

FUl2tiV3 20:38 22 Mar 06

Stuartli

have/can you edit the recorded programmes? eg to remove adverts etc? i use sony movie studio as a rule, which supports mpeg2. have virtual dub too.

i am interested in getting a tv card, and notice you have reccomended this one often. does the card use a lot of system resources when running? or can you run other tasks easily?

thanks in advance

pj123 18:20 24 Mar 06

Agree with wjrt, although I don't have the Asda one. I have the Liteon.

I also have a USB capture unit (Dazzle Fusion)
But it takes up to 7 hours to transfer a 3 hour VHS tape to DVD.

Dazzle Fusion from: click here

The Liteon standalone: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…