Video Capture Cards

computer novice 10:18 14 Apr 04

I've just bought a SN41G2 shuttle and wish to install a video capture card. Can anyone suggest the best one to buy as i wish to record off the tv and receive free digital channels. Ta

TomJerry 12:04 14 Apr 04

I also have SN41G2 and installed a Digital TV Card AVer DVB-T. Details see: click here. I bought it from maplin click here. The quality is very good for recording TV. Perfect for watch TV and recording.

One problem with SN41G2 if you have not found it. It has no line-in. If you want to capture analogue video signal from analogue camcorder, etc, almost all TV captures need to use the line-in of sound card to capture sound. You need to look into this when you buy capture card. You can use mic-in as line in, but sound quality is not good and you may damage the port due to mismatch of impedance.

For digital TV viewing and recording, the card I suggested is perfect. It works for me anyway.

computer novice 13:16 14 Apr 04

Sounds good ....anyone else got any suggestions?

SEASHANTY 16:06 16 Apr 04

You could also consider the Hauppauge DEC2000 Freeview receiver. USB connection to PC. This is also available at Maplin at £100 (post free). This is currently on promotion. Normally £130.
click here

SEASHANTY 12:52 17 Apr 04

.....note that the Avermedia PCI DVB-T capture card
will not support Windows ME. Website states only
98SE, 2000 and XP.

SEASHANTY 13:00 17 Apr 04

If your line-in jack socket on the soundcard is already occupied by another device then a stereo jack plug to two stereo jack sockets is available for £2-75 (inc vat and postage) from this website
click here

TomJerry 16:11 18 Apr 04

SEASHANTY, Can you tell me if a computer cannot take signal in because no line-in port, what an adaptor can do?

It may not be helpfull to give advice which is not relevent.

Newuser4165 20:26 18 Apr 04

This card gets good reviews over on the digutalspy forum:-
click here

computer novice 09:14 19 Apr 04

Thanks for all the help guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…