Video Capture

bta 20:36 01 Jun 03

I have recently found some old videos i want to put on my pc before the tape snaps. Somebody told me i had to buy a video capture device looking around i can find them but i was wondering if there was any software i can get to clear up the pciture a bit and do they work on normal video recorders. Also any suggestions for somewhere i can find one cheaper than £70 would be nice.

tenplus1 11:48 02 Jun 03

BTA... You probably can find some really cheap PCI or USB devices that will allow you to record to your computer, but being so cheap your computer has to do all the work in ripping, encoding and saving this which isnt so good on a slower computer...

I use the Hauppage PVR-250 which is an exellent card for ripping any video source or even TV (since it has an in-built tv tuner) to hard-drive. The card itself has an MPEG2 encoder chip which does all the work for you and all the computer has to do is let you watch and save it to hard-drive ;)

It also comes with some nifty software from ULead that lets you edit the saved movie, generate menus and music for Video CD's or DVD's and finally burn it to CD for ya...

tenplus1 11:49 02 Jun 03

oops, almost forgot... the card itself can be purchased from many sources but if you shop around you can get it for a mesely £99... :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…