VGA to HDMI do I upgade my PC or buy a converter?

billis999 01:49 AM 25 Jun 13
Answered

Hi. I've just bought a new TV which doesn't have the VGA port on it's rear like my older one so I can no longer connect my PC/desktop to it as I used to. I've looked around and have discovered converters, though they're a bit pricey, and I wondered should I upgrade my desktop to HDMI? Now, I get poor internet speed where I live so wouldn't benefit from being able to stream in HD, and I game on my PS3 and watch TV on my Freesat, so all I use my desktop for is the usual surfing/Hotmail/Facebook. So, my question is: do I only need the HDMI graphics card or is there more to it than this? Amazon sell these at around £25 whereas the converters are closer to £45. Is it easy to do this or should I take it to a shop? Please feel free to patronise me as I really don't have a scooby! Help out your local Paramedic and thanks in advance.

billis999 02:25 AM 25 Jun 13

Samsung UE42F5000AKXXU 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV (New for 2013). Sorry, didn't think it was relevant.

HondaMan 09:14 AM 25 Jun 13

Suggest you have a look here Maplin

billis999 23:55 PM 26 Jun 13

I have bought a converter. Thanks for your help peeps. Please consider this forum closed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…